Small Town News


Tongass Cont'd

Southeast Alaskas Island News of Thorne Bay, Alaska

- Advertisement -

Petersburg, Point Baker, Klukwan, Port Protection, Wrangell or Yaku-tat are eligible to take deer in Unit 4 in January 2010.

All deer hunting must occur on federal public lands. Lands closed to hunting include city, state, & private lands including all lands below mean high tide.

Federal designated hunter permits are required for those wanting to hunt deer for family or friends and are available at your local Forest Service office.

Subsistence regulations and maps displaying the location of federal public lands are available at Forest Service offices. For more information, call the Forest Service at 747-6671.

Copyright 2010 Southeast Alaska's Island News, Thorne Bay, Alaska. All Rights Reserved. This content, including derivations, may not be stored or distributed in any manner, disseminated, published, broadcast, rewritten or reproduced without express, written consent from SmallTownPapers, Inc.

Original Publication Date: January 4, 2010

More from Southeast Alaskas Island News